Please visit our website for more infomration:

Please visit our website for more information: www.dutchtownchurch.net

Monday, July 29, 2013

 
Yesterday in worship we had Holy Communion. This morning I went to our Church kitchen and got out my communion kit that I use to take Communion to those who could not be in worship. I had just put some of the fresh bread in my kit and was then going to put some of the grape juice in my little jar from the kit when I found that none was left  from the day before. Now what, but there I saw in the fridge some Capri sun grape kids drinks. This should work. So I began to put the juice from one of these kids drinks in my jar and found out it was White Grape juice! Even though it tasted just like any other grape juice, it just wasn't going to work for Holy Communion! I found it hard to talk about the blood of Christ spilt on the cross for you and I, while in the cup was a clear drink. 
Symbols can be very powerful object lessons! Just like red grape juice must be used to remind you and I of what Christ did for us on the Cross. For the forgiveness that He offered and the Salvation that comes unto us in no other way and in no other name. So the next time you take Communion, don't just taste the grape juice or wine, also look deeply at the color of that drink and remember then not just the power of this symbol, but more importantly that there is power in the blood of Christ! 
Love ya' All Pastor Rick     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment