Please visit our website for more infomration:

Please visit our website for more information: www.dutchtownchurch.net

Monday, July 15, 2013

"I'm Getting Old"

“I’m Getting Old”

There, Ahh, I had just sat down in my Adirondack chair around the Campfire while attending Church Camp with my 8-year-old grandson Ty. I was about to bite in my smore when Ty proclaims to me, “Grandpa, I’m bored!” Bored, how could he be bored, we had been going at break neck speed since 10:30 that morning! And now my 56-year-old knees and feet were barking at me.
          There was a time in my life when I could keep up this frantic pace. Earlier in the day, I was right in there keeping up with and at times even out doing some of these teen-age Counselors. But now this comfortable chair beckoned to me. And if it wasn’t Ty wanting to do something else, it was those same blasted Teen-age counselors telling me stand up again and this time to sing the new “Extended” version of Father Abraham! Come Sunday morning, when I am to be at my best, all I could think of was hoping the Ibuprofen would kick-in quicker! And guess what, I get too do it all over again this coming week as I will be at Church camp once again. I’m gonna’ need a bigger bottle of Ibuprofen!       
Love ya’ All , Pastor Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment