Please visit our website for more infomration:

Please visit our website for more information: www.dutchtownchurch.net

Monday, July 22, 2013

"I Got One"

I spent last week at Church Camp with 29 3rd & 4th graders. I could tell you many things about that camp experience, but today I share simply one that took place on Thursday and lasted only one hour and forty-five minutes. During that time frame I had 8 campers signed up to go fishing. That is how many poles I had! Helping me was a teen-age guy, Aiden, who was great help and very patient! There was also one dad whose time was dedicated to his autistic son. In that short time span these campers went through 8 dozens wiggly worms! I heard a lot of, "Darn, he got away"! But I also heard a chorus of "I got one"! You would have thought these kids were reeling in Moby Dick from their excitement and commotion that took place, when much of the time it was a bluegill no larger then my hand. When the bait was all gone they had reeled in over 40 fish! As they made their way back up to the camp, the fishing stories were already being told and re-told! And the fish kept getting bigger!
      The heat that afternoon was relentless, but it got over shadowed by 8 little campers with stories to take back home. Thank you Lord for this miraculous catch and for the smiles You put on their faces!
      Love ya' All Pastor Rick 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment